August 6, 2008 was a good day, I turned 21. Whoa big deal right? I’m at the drinking age, but this didn’t matter to me. What really mattered to me was that I could own a handgun.
I was raised in a household that didn’t appreciate firearms as much. My father owned them but didn’t teach me much about them. What did this mean? It meant that I had to begin my search completely and utterly blind. I didn’t know anything about the guns. Thank god to marketing right? No more like thank god for our cold blooded American firearm dealers.
I was looking for it all. I wanted a holster, extra magazines, and a case. I wanted to be combat ready. It turned out that the majority of the handguns I liked came with cases. They were missing something though. Where were the holsters, I also wanted a safe gun that wouldn’t just fire off at any time.
I came across the Springfield XD 45. Springfield was smart with their business, they bundled. The Springfield XD came with the case, two magazines, a barrel cleaner, a lock, a quick loader, a gun holster, magazine holster, and a thumb safety. Can you purchase the gun brand new by itself? Most likely no, you may be able to find the weapon used.
Why does Springfield Armory sell their XD as a bundle? This is a form of price discrimination. They calculate how much people will pay for the gun and for the other products separate. After they find out the prices they add them together. Granted, the holsters are a little cheap, but it is something you need to carry a gun.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I bought a Springfield 40 XDm and love the bundle package they did, except the holster(cheap plastic hip holster). Springfield wasn't the first to bundle firearms but they definitely hit the nail on the head with this package. Everything I needed right out of the case and the price was comparable to just a firearm.
ReplyDelete