Monday, April 26, 2010

Bundling is Everywhere

Today I decided to into Carrs and see if there was anything good to eat. I walked in and the first thing that I noticed was they were selling movies. Since I always like see what movies they had I decided to go check them out. The first thing I noticed as started to look at them was that they had a lot of movies that were what they called a double feature. Now we know from our class that bundling is requiring that products be bought together in a bungle or package so this is classic case of bundling. One of the reason i noticed this so closely was that in one of the double features I saw a movie that I would acutualy consider buying. The double feature cost $6 but I don't think i would have paid $6 for that one movie. I would have paid maybe $4 but since there was another movie attached with it I decided what the hell even I had no idea what that movie was. So basically I fell for the old bundling move and guess what I watched the other movie and it was horrible. If would have known that i might not have bought it all but I did.
Then as I walked around the store I noticed some more things that had been bundled up together like variaty pack of chips. What if i want only certain type of chips in those small bags but no I would have had to buy the entire box to get what I wanted. Also when I went look and see how much poker chips, I noticed that you couldn't just buy the chips you also had to buy a pack of cards with it.
AfterI left there I classicly went over to Mcdonalds and order a classic bundle of a number 1. So basically what I'm trying to say is that bundling is everywhere out there and it is almost impossible to avoid it even if you know what to look for you can still get suckered into it. So whoever came up with the idea of bundling is quite a genious because it is everywhere today.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, I bought so many things that I didn't even want them at first, but they were bundle with something that I needed. And now, they are in my house waiting for me to throw them away...whole bunch useless stuff.

    ReplyDelete