The other day I was having a conversation with one of my managers. I work in retail, and my manager and I were talking about how some places just are not interested in their customers and are just all about making money, which I think is pretty sad, but I guess that is just how the business world is.
So, then my manager went on and said that is why she is an entrepreneur, because that way she can work on her own, and she is not considered an employee per se. She works for a company called Arbonne, who sells make up, skin care, and stuff like that; so she said that working for that company is better because you do not have to worry about a manager bossing you around, or other coworkers slack, you are your own company and run it the way that best suits you. See she has parties at clients houses and meetings in Las Vegas every six months, and from what she said, is just very laid back and just easy to do. She loves being able to do things the way She thinks will do the company best, and doing good for the company does good for her, like she can get bonuses every month. From this kind of entrepreneurship, sounds fairly easy and manageable.
Where I work, the company is very very firm on customer service and making sure each customer gets the same amount of service as any other person who walks through our door. So, what does that have to do with economics? Well, I have heard a couple of times that the number one goal of companies, is to maximize their profit. And, once I told that to my manager, she said "yeah that's so true." She also said, "it's like that saying, 'Money is what makes the world go round.'" But she did not agree with that saying, and neither do I. Money can only go so far, like for making a person happy. As another saying goes, "Somethings are priceless." There is even that credit card commercial where they say things like "Camera $200, Ibuprofen $12, X-ray $90, spending time with family....priceless."
So it sounds to me like entrepreneurship isn't such a bad idea, but I guess it just depends on what kind you go into and how good you are at business in different aspects. I also think that maximizing your profits isn't bad, but for me it just really depends on how you go about trying to do that. Maybe I just do not fully understand just yet how businesses maximize their profit, but it seems to me that some companies are just bad. So, investments are a way that companiescan make a profit, which is not a bad way at all,because companies have to make investments to earn some sort of profit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment